Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two more Mondays left of school

We were all groaning about how slow this month is going with regards to school. Both teachers and students are ready for a break. Why? Way too much testing. Texas in its infinite wisdom has a test for everything now from TAKS to EOC and all occuring at the same time as AP testing. Argggg. When can we go back to teaching and learning. I thought that was what school was for.

Anyway, instead of counting the days or weeks, one of my sweet students said, "Only two more Mondays left." Wow, that says it all and it was a much more positive statement. And of course after tomorrow, there only be one more Monday left. Whoop!

In the meantime, I'm trying to get everything done for school so I can start prepping for my "write" time. By this time, I usually know what research I need to do in order to make the most of my summer. And yes, I do know what I'll be researching. Two things: Cheyenne Indians and the Templar Knights. No - not for the same story but wouldn't that be a hoot to write. Two seperate stories are warring for my attention. I'm hoping to work on both. I pretty much have to finish at least one in order to have any books come out in 2012. So - hopefully my muse and I are on track.

1 comment:

Melisse Aires said...

If your Cheyenne research brings you to Wyoming, get a hold of me!