Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Retirement leads to a rejuvenation

 Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted anything on my blog. What can I say? Life got in the way.  I actually retired in May of 2020 and thought that would free up time to start doing things for me, but alas, it seems I just got busier.

With additional time comes the difficult problem of narrowing down what I want to work on. As an artist, I have way too many loves. I love babysitting my granddaughter, gardening, sewing, painting, being involved in community, reading and writing. Wanting to do them all sorta freezes me from doing any of them so I'm trying to create a schedule of sorts.

Today, I'm writing! I've been writing since my last book came out in 2015, but never consistently. I have five stories started, all around 40,000 words so far. Well, I decided I needed to quit bouncing between book drafts so I am concentrating my efforts on finishing one of the stories. It will be a shorter book I think, but still full of twists and a heartwarming HAE. 

In the meantime, I still have to figure out how to balance all my wants. That said, this is my attempt at holding myself accountable. My first goal is to write every day even if it's only one sentence.

No comments: