Monday, July 27, 2009

The Proposal


I had to spend the night with mom night before last because she's recovering from knee surgery and doesn't yet want to be alone. Friends and family have been taking turns sleeping over. The next morning though, I check my phone and I have a text.

Text from son: "Badly!" OMG, what happened, so I called him and get no answer. Then I realize this message actually came after another text he sent.

Text from son: "Dad misses you!"

I laughed at that point. The message came at 1:44 AM so I know exactly what the two were up to. They were kicking back a few beers and listening to music. What I didn't know is that my husband played Shania Twain's song, You're Still the One, over and over and over again. He gets sentimental that way.

So last night, he popped the question. "Will you marry me again?" The question was so unexpected, I know my jaw dropped. I recovered quickly. Of course, I said yes. He wants to go to his hometown and get married by his family preacher this time. Too bad I can't fit my wedding dress, but it doesn't matter. I'm very lucky to have a man that thinks I'm special enough to renew vows with.

The romance is still alive at 50.

7 comments:

Usha said...

Wow Ciara what a romantic guy! Hang on to him, yes? Congrats on the new website (I love the look) and your blog.
Rayka Mennen

Ciara Gold said...

you're a jewel, Rayka!

Sharon Cullen said...

How romantic! What a great man you have.

Ciara Gold said...

Thanks Sharon. Yep, he's my hero. LOL

Linda LaRoque said...

How sweet!!! And I love the Texas Two Step picture. Make it bigger though.

Angelica Hart and Zi said...

Oh my goodness, Ciara, that is so romantic. We wish you forever joy and lingering happiness. Heroes are hard to come by, you are blessed, and we think, he is just as blessed in having you.

Bethany said...

Awww...what a great story! When my husband proposed to me I didn't give him a chance to finish before I threw my arms around his neck and said "Yes, I'll marry you!" LOL.