Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Distant Obsession

I'm joining the ranks into uncharted territory for me. I've got a freebie up on Amazon for a book that my writing buddie, Micheal W. Davis and I co-authored. It's our first self publishing adventure. This is also new territory because it's in a genre I don't normally write - romantic suspense.

Here's the blurb for Distant Obsession:

After years struggling to succeed as an artist, Lilah Randal accomplishes her dream, only to return from her first sold-out exhibition to find her husband and his mistress in bed, murdered. For a year she’s persecuted by the cops and media, accused of killing the Senator, her husband. Reluctantly, Lilah stalls her career, assumes a different identify to avoid the media and begins anew in a small town far away from the attention of DC. Her days are filled with new vigor as the serenity of the Cherokee Valley surrounding Watauga Lake fed her creative muse under a fake alias, Carmen. Yet her nights remain hollow, like her marriage to the Senator, until she becomes obsessed by the allure of a stranger that glides by her cabin in his sailboat. Both his male form and solemn expression bleed into every painting, every midnight fantasy, until her new dream becomes reality. Lilah’s future will remain corrupted by the past until she solves the secret behind her husband’s murder and explores her attraction to the mysterious sailor.
 
This book is free through Amazon from now until Friday, Aug 10.
 
So, lot's of new adventure for me with this one. First, this is my first time to work with another author. The experience was fun - interesting but I don't think I'll do it again. If I get time, I'll do another with Michael as he was great to work with, but I really do have control issues when it comes to writing and he gave in more than I did. My bad.
 
Secondly, this is the first time I did the cover layout and formatting for a book to be self published. That in itself was an experience. I plan to self-publish my historical westerns, but I plan to send my publisher any work that's in the fantasy and sci-fi realm. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind later.
 
And third, the genre is not one I've attempted before. I tend to try and add suspense elements to my other works but not to the point where the suspense is almost as important as the romance. Will I do it again? Maybe. Just not sure at this point. Anyway, just thought I'd jot down my thoughts on the matter.
 
 

No comments: