Thursday, August 9, 2012

Angela Renee and her out-of-this-world romance

Please Welcome Angela Renee as she talks about her new release, You Are Mine.

Did you always want to be a writer? When did you know you wanted to pursue writing as a career? I have always been a story teller, but I never considered being a writer. Then one day I was watching the Twilight Zone and these people were transported from earth to another planet. Something happened to me. What would happen if a spaceship landed in Grant Park (a huge park in Chicago)? I had to write this story. After I wrote You Are Mine, I sent it to an editor and she said it was good. I’d caught the writing bug, and the rest is history.

Tell us about your writing “cave”.  Are you organized or messy? Do you have a dedicated place to write or do you have to go to the local coffee shop for quiet time? I have a quiet room in my home. It has a television in it, but it is rarely on. I like to create in complete silence.

Will this story be a stand alone or are you already plotting a sequel? You Are Mine is a stand alone. I don’t know if I have the mentality to write series. I’m the type of person who likes for the entire series to be out, then I purchase the whole thing and read it. I can’t imagine writing a series. I can’t write fast enough. It would drive me crazy.

 Was the hero fashioned from someone you know or was he a fabulous manifestation of your imagination?  D’Jarus is fashioned after my ideal man (except the being from another planet thing). He’s strong, handsome, confident, intelligent, Alpha, yet not so much so that you want to strangle him.

I took a look at your website and I love the blurb for this book. Can you share the blurb with our readers?

In the hundreds of special assignments Erica Morgan has worked, there was nothing that prepared her for waking one morning on an alien spaceship. More surprisingly, her captor and adversary, the leader of this mission, is the one man who could make her want to leave her home planet and embrace a different life.

D’Jarus Commodore doesn’t want a wife, but his planet is slowly dying, and their salvation lies in the people of Earth. As leader of Darien, he chooses to make a sacrifice and be the first to marry a terran. His captive bride, Erica, is like no other being he has ever met. At first sight he knows he must have her, but for obvious reasons—he did kidnap her after all—she resists him every step of the way.


Buy links: Purchase the Print Version ($9.99) or the electronic version Nook, Kindle ($3.99)



Ciara, thank you so much for allowing me to take over your blog today.

No comments: