Saturday, November 24, 2012

Update on the hacking incident

Ever since I got hacked, I now get notices on my personal e-mail account. Evidently, I had all my e-mails listed under my yahoo account and the thiefs got a hold of them. I ignore their attempts but sometimes that's hard to do.

The messages look so legit. I use suddenlink and the way the messages are worded make you think they're from suddenlink. But, I always go to the suddenlink website and look for updates of information there. I now know not to click on any links, especially ones I'm unsure of.

Just thought I'd let you know so if you're ever hacked, you'll be aware to look out for similar activity on your other accounts. I've also noticed more spam on that account. Bummer.

On a brighter note, yahoo was able to retrieve my addresses but unfortunately, not any of my saved messages. That's rather frightening because I don't remember what personal information might be in those saved messages. So - now, I don't archive any messages. Of course, I guess that doesn't matter because they would still have access to any sent or trashed messages for at least a short time.

No comments: