Monday, July 19, 2010

I met Torin today!

Well I sorta met Torin today. Torin is the ancient Irish warrior from my current wip(works in progress) and the hero of my story. Anyway, I've been madly writing this one as it's a sequel to On the Sliver Edge of Time and I really, really love this story.  Time travel just fascinates me. The whole idea of what would we do with the knowledge we have if we had an opportunity to go back in time is just so tantalizing. Or how would we survive in an advanced society if we went forward in time?

Anyway, I digress. I had to take my car in for an inspection sticker. It was a bit overdue. (Only a bit.) I go in to sign the forms and hand over my key when one of the grease monkies came into the shop. Oh my. I couldn't stop staring. He was the spitting image of my vision of Torin. Stocky build, Blue-green eyes, and red, wavy hair. Square face with a strong nose. And he had an intensity about him that was just perfect. And yes, I only stared. I couldn't quite find the words to tell him he was the hero in one of my romances.

That's okay. I know where he works. I'm thinking I'll need the oil changed soon.

No comments: