Thursday, August 12, 2010

And so it begins again

I go back to the regular day job tomorrow. Since I teach, that means a week and one day of inservice. I have mixed emotions. In some ways, I'm excited to start a new year. It's always fun to connect to new students, to teach kids how to discover their creativity. On the other hand, it means I have that much less time to write and -- I didn't make my goal. Well, I'm almost there and technically I don't start actually teaching for another week so it's possible that I could write those last 8000 words by the start of school, but doubtful. Still, I'm excited to be so far along. My next goal is to have it not only finihsed but polished and submitted by Christmas. I'll let you know how I do.

4 comments:

Nancy Lee Badger said...

You can meet your goal if it means that much to you. Give up TV; don't worry about the dirty house; each more take-out, in and write! Keep us informed with how you do.

hotcha12 said...

LOL! WELL AT LEAST HE READS, UNLIKE MOST BOYS! LOL

HOTCHA
lindarb49@hotmail.com

Ciara Gold said...

Too funny. Blogger is definitely doing weird things as this posted to the wrong post but hey, you're right. But - my son actually reads more than my daughter and My brother, when growing up, read tons more than I did.

Nancy Henderson said...

I don't know how teachers do it. Putting up with all those kids, you guys all deserve a medal! LOL!