Monday, August 23, 2010

So now I done "undid" it

I always get so excited when I write the end. It feels so good to reach the goal.  But, I tend to mull over the ending, disecting it bit by bit until I talk myself out of it. I've done that with four of my eight published books.

And now I'm doing it again. It's not that I didn't like what I'd written, but it just lacked umph, verve. Dunno, something. So I reread to the point where I think I lost momentum and deleted from there. Which of course means I now have about 1500 words left to write again. No worries. I still feel good about all I accomplished this summer and I'm feeling better about the new direction I'm taking the ending in. Gotta love the drama.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Gotta love those revisions LOL I'm nearing the end of another round of edits. I'm hoping to be done polishing this manuscript by the time of the Conference--we'll see what happens...but yeah, I know what you mean about the ending. You want it to end just right--to leave the reader with just the feeling you intended.

Ciara Gold said...

Exactly! Do you have a slot scheduled to pitch your ms? If so, here's wishing all the best and a request for the full!

Bethany said...

Ciara,

No, I wasn't sure if it would be ready (still not sure if it will be) so I didn't want to take the time away from someone else.

Ciara Gold said...

Well, next time view it differently. Think of it as practice for when you are more ready because I remember my first two times. I was so nervous, I shook. But making myself do them, helped in the long run. So - hopefully you'll sign up for one next time, ready or not. LOL.